Tuesday 13 August 2013

It's Unreal

What really stood out for me this year working on design was the switch from designing levels using Google Sketch-up to advancing on to the Unreal Engine.

Having to start from the beginning using the Unreal Editors software was at first somewhat confusing. I found it difficult to adjust to at first as the program doesn't conform to what are the  usual creation standards and controls I have been familiar to in Sketch-up or 3DS MAX. 

For our Design project we were each tasked with creating our own multiplayer level

After getting my head around it(Yeah! it took a while).  I decided I wanted to create a prison style environment. I chose to model my map on the most famous prison of them all.. Alcatraz.


 
 
 
Sketch of building placements on Alcatraz island.
 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment